The Climate Action Plan for Councils contains 50 actions that councils can take to make their area more climate and nature friendly, and is split into key areas like:
- Protecting our most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Ensuring new builds are well insulated and have eco-aware fittings.
- Increasing and improving public transportation provisions.
- Enabling and supporting the use of renewable energy.
- Promoting sustainable consumption in order to to become a zero-waste area
- Ensuring everyone has access to green spaces.
Essentially, the goal of the plan is to ensure that climate and nature restoration goals are front and centre in all decision-making and investments.
Download the plan as a PDF below, or alternatively you can download the Word version of the document.